Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Members

Default Replacing CCC with other years

I need to replace my CCC on my 2005 545. I don't want to dish out the thousands of dollars to get a new one, so I wanted to get a used one. My question is do I need to get a CCC from 2005 or can I get one from different years? And will all my features (park assist, navi) be automatically functioning after the reprogram to link to my car?

And just incase anyone knows, is there a person/company/shop that fixed busted CCC's?

Any help is appreciated.

MHK
MHK545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHK545 View Post
I need to replace my CCC on my 2005 545. I don't want to dish out the thousands of dollars to get a new one, so I wanted to get a used one. My question is do I need to get a CCC from 2005 or can I get one from different years? And will all my features (park assist, navi) be automatically functioning after the reprogram to link to my car?

And just incase anyone knows, is there a person/company/shop that fixed busted CCC's?

Any help is appreciated.

MHK
You should be able to use any between 2004 thru 2007 (pre-LCI units) without any additional equipment. However, unless the donor car had the exact same options as your car, programming to enable funtions may be required. What is going on with your existing unit?

PS - check Ebay as well. CCC units can be found for less than $500 for the CCC head unit (no screen).

//My Photo Albums

Last edited by advancedlogic; 10-28-2012 at 06:42 PM.
advancedlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Members

Thanks for the reply.

So the dealer/ indie shop/ coder will be able to find the options I need and activate them on the donor CCC?

So my iDrive stopped working a few months back, the fan runs in the back but nothing turns on. I tried the power/eject/eject reset and nothing happens. The DVD doesn't eject. And all the fuses seem to be intact.

I had a water issue with the e-box drain that fried my active steering module, and I think that it might have also killed my CCC somehow. If you have any thoughts on how i could get my current one fixed or something I should try I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHK545 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

So the dealer/ indie shop/ coder will be able to find the options I need and activate them on the donor CCC?

So my iDrive stopped working a few months back, the fan runs in the back but nothing turns on. I tried the power/eject/eject reset and nothing happens. The DVD doesn't eject. And all the fuses seem to be intact.

I had a water issue with the e-box drain that fried my active steering module, and I think that it might have also killed my CCC somehow. If you have any thoughts on how i could get my current one fixed or something I should try I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for the reply.

You may have a faulty IVM or MPM module. The IVM is located in the ebox. It is the black box with a bunch of colored fuses. The MPM is located in the spare tire well. If either goes you can experience idrive failure. It sounds like a power issue. A wet ebox makes the IVM suspect. As for coding, the dealer probably wouldnt do it. Independents may. Coders, definately.

//My Photo Albums
advancedlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Members

There wouldn't be a way of confirming if the IVM is bad is there? Without replacing it.

Thanks for the information, I greatly appreciate it.

MHK
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Members

Oh and also does that module needed to be programmed when its replaced?

Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Senior Members

buy a donor CCC and do a swap. Make sure all wires are correct and then if something doesn't work, take it to get it encoded to your car and all will work doesn't matter what options you have the CCC has every option known for E60 and whatever options are on your vehicle order the CCC will work with. You can enable more options but seeming you may not have the hardware that would be pointless.
AchtungE60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Members

'04 & '05 CCC units are known for early failures. I'd get a more recent unit (prod after 3/05) from a junk yard and do a swap as AchtungE60 suggested. Look for units with actual prod. date up to 8/06 (pre-LCI). I see a few for under $400 on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
dbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
Members

Thanks everyone for their response. Very helpful.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 AM