Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Members

My CCC module has gone bad and the dealer told me the module had to be replaced. I'm going to end up paying around $1500-1600 for it so I was just wondering if there were anything I could to do make it worth it. More specifically, can anything be added such as ipod or usb or aux port be added when replacing the CCC module? I do not have those features on my car, only navigation. I ask because the dealer told me CCC module controls audio/nav/idrive. I'm just trying to get the most bang for my buck.
shadyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
Contributors

Send a message via MSN to BLooD

What year is the car?, you can have the IPOD interface no problem and if it`s an LCI then the option 6fl usb interface can be added, I wouldnt go with AUX as the sound is very bad.
2006 BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Carbon black/ Grey leather, Individual head-liner anthracite, Media pack, Visibility pack, DAB digital radio, Front isofix, High beam assist, M rear spoiler, M135 18 inch wheels.
Retrofits:- Front and rear HI-FI tweeters. Auto dim/ folding mirrors with puddle lights, High gloss shadow line, Remote folding and Kerb-function. Footwell lights, Door ambient leds. Poplar wood light trim. Poplar wood selector lever. Poplar wood hand brake lever. BMW online. LCI-CCC. LCI Teleservices. LCI-controller (no haptic feedback). AC-Advanced.

Mods:- Smoked amber LED side repeaters, LED interior lights, LED angel eyes. OEM Black kidney grills. Avon ZZ3 non run-flat tyres.
Extra Boot lid light DIY AC Basic to AC High DIY. SA430 EXT: mirrors dimming/folding DIY 2003 BMW 530 d SE. Silver Grey R.I.P.

Stuff for sale!
BLooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLooD View Post
What year is the car?, you can have the IPOD interface no problem and if it`s an LCI then the option 6fl usb interface can be added, I wouldnt go with AUX as the sound is very bad.
car is a 2006 525i build date 2/06
Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
Contributors

Ipod interface is your only option then unless you really want AUX input.
2006 BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Carbon black/ Grey leather, Individual head-liner anthracite, Media pack, Visibility pack, DAB digital radio, Front isofix, High beam assist, M rear spoiler, M135 18 inch wheels.
Retrofits:- Front and rear HI-FI tweeters. Auto dim/ folding mirrors with puddle lights, High gloss shadow line, Remote folding and Kerb-function. Footwell lights, Door ambient leds. Poplar wood light trim. Poplar wood selector lever. Poplar wood hand brake lever. BMW online. LCI-CCC. LCI Teleservices. LCI-controller (no haptic feedback). AC-Advanced.

Mods:- Smoked amber LED side repeaters, LED interior lights, LED angel eyes. OEM Black kidney grills. Avon ZZ3 non run-flat tyres.
Extra Boot lid light DIY AC Basic to AC High DIY. SA430 EXT: mirrors dimming/folding DIY 2003 BMW 530 d SE. Silver Grey R.I.P.

Stuff for sale!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
Contributors

Sound is just fine with my Aux input, I like it. I also like the versatility of the Aux input, I can connect either my iPod and listen to music or I can connect my phone and listen to Pandora, Slacker or any other radio app I want. The iPod adapter needlessly buttonholes you into one device, IMHO.

Also, why are you paying so much for the replacement CCC? Get a replacement CCC from Tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com or PM Member Evan@Tischer) and get one for about $650, then go to Solely Bimmer in Mission Viejo and get it installed. Probably end up costing you less than $1000. Why waste money? It's not like the dealer is giving you a new CCC unit, they don't make them anymore, so they are ALL remanufactured units now.

2008 550 LOADED!!!
Come visit me @ glazedetail.com
pjinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
Sound is just fine with my Aux input, I like it. I also like the versatility of the Aux input, I can connect either my iPod and listen to music or I can connect my phone and listen to Pandora, Slacker or any other radio app I want. The iPod adapter needlessly buttonholes you into one device, IMHO.

Also, why are you paying so much for the replacement CCC? Get a replacement CCC from Tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com or PM Member Evan@Tischer) and get one for about $650, then go to Solely Bimmer in Mission Viejo and get it installed. Probably end up costing you less than $1000. Why waste money? It's not like the dealer is giving you a new CCC unit, they don't make them anymore, so they are ALL remanufactured units now.

oh my.. lol I really haven't been around to stealerships for price quotes. I went to pacific BMW in glendale and beverly hills BMW and they both quoted me about $1600 so I just assumed it was a universal price. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyx1 View Post
car is a 2006 525i build date 2/06

Hey, I have the same ride: 2006 525i build date 2/06

Sorry to hear that your ccc has to be replaced. Let us know what you end up doing, and how much it ends up costing. Good Luck man!

SOLD in 2013 - 06 525i N52B30 6-sp Manual
- Titanium Silver Metallic - Black Dakota - Comfort Seats - Sirius/Bluetooth
https://soundcloud.com/p-radden
pradden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
Contributors

pick up one of the hundreds of CCC now available because of people moving to the CIC. Get that installed and you'll be done in under $500 including programming.
BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0d, Titanium Grey II, Grey?Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support ? fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning?Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi?Fi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended Voice Input Retrofit, Auxillary Input Retrofit, DMS, 19" 172M Sport wheels and spare, HTC WM5 phone cradle DIY, Rear Power and Aux sockets DIY, Footwell lights DIY, Mic Mute DIY, Boot parcel net DIY, LCI Tail-lights DIY, Subwoofer and Aftermarket Amplifier DIY, BMW 0+ Car Seat Travel System DIY, Dension Gateway500 DIY, Dension IVE1000 iPOD Video DIY, ACM Retrofit DIY, Bootlid Reverse Camera DIY, Door LEDs DIY, Illuminated Shift Knob DIY, Mirror Puddle lights

Stuff for Sale.
LCI Tail-lights V6 retrofit cables,
Exterior Mirrors
HTC TyTn or TyTN II phone cradle
Boot parcel net
bruce_miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
pick up one of the hundreds of CCC now available because of people moving to the CIC. Get that installed and you'll be done in under $500 including programming.
Bruce is correct, theres hundres for sale on ebay

Stuff for sale!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
New Members

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but i have the same issue now. MY CCC died , dealer quoted $1500 for replacement and coding. I just removed the ccc from my car. I know i can buy a used one of ebay or some vendor who sells it but what I am not sure about is the Coding after the replacement. I live in columbus ohio and havent found any indy who could do the coding.

I found one on ebay for $370 but its number is different from the one in my car.

what do you guys think
ankurg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM