Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #1
Members

Hi all

Just picked up my new BMW, a 2006 520d touring. After some confusion, the car garage sold the one that i had initially purchased, but offered me a much better price for an identical car with significantly lower mileage.

Only problem is that it has the idrive, but no sat nav, phone, bluetooth or voice controls which the other car had.

Im sure theres a million questions all the same so please dont flame me. I want to know if i can put in / install the voice / bluetooth and sat nav and where i should get it done - and how much should i expect to pay?

Also, is it even possible to change the climate control to the climate control with extended features?

Lastly, i was toying with the idea of puting one of those small PS2s in there - is it possible to use the idrive display or do i need a separate screen?

Also, looking at getting it remapped to give better economy. Any good suggestions. My first BMW (always had VW before) so im not terribly clued up.

Thanks for all your help in advance. Im in the UK by the way if that manes a difference.
Scotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
Members

Check out the Bluetooth and Cellphone Forum and the Parts, Accessories and Mods Forum on this Website. Each one of the features you wish to add is an extensive and expensive addition.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
Members

Hi mate,

congratulations on your new ride!!! well, to retrofit those stuffs are not impossible for I have done it. But the process may be confusing and also costly in every way. From a rough gauge, about 5K usd for the 8.8inch Idrive, CCC, Bluetooth TCU and all other minor parts and lastly programming..... probably cheaper if you get from ebay.
vegadonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Members

Hell, i didnt bank on it being so expensive.

OK. So if i just go for the phone. I need the TUC that i can get from ebay for around ?200. Is it plug in and play, or do i need to take it to a bmw dealer to programe it.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Contributors

Send a message via MSN to BLooD

just about every thing on these cars has a computer module either monitering or directly controling it, you can pick up a nav ccc kit from ebay for about ?500-1000, intructions are on this site for fitting.
Both bluetooth and nav will need programing once installed, can take upto 7 hours to do, most service centers charge a max of 2 and half hours labour for programing.
2006 BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Carbon black/ Grey leather, Individual head-liner anthracite, Media pack, Visibility pack, DAB digital radio, Front isofix, High beam assist, M rear spoiler, M135 18 inch wheels.
Retrofits:- Front and rear HI-FI tweeters. Auto dim/ folding mirrors with puddle lights, High gloss shadow line, Remote folding and Kerb-function. Footwell lights, Door ambient leds. Poplar wood light trim. Poplar wood selector lever. Poplar wood hand brake lever. BMW online. LCI-CCC. LCI Teleservices. LCI-controller (no haptic feedback). AC-Advanced.

Mods:- Smoked amber LED side repeaters, LED interior lights, LED angel eyes. OEM Black kidney grills. Avon ZZ3 non run-flat tyres.
Extra Boot lid light DIY AC Basic to AC High DIY. SA430 EXT: mirrors dimming/folding DIY 2003 BMW 530 d SE. Silver Grey R.I.P.

Stuff for sale!
BLooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLooD' post='1001917' date='Sep 8 2009, 04:09 PM
just about every thing on these cars has a computer module either monitering or directly controling it, you can pick up a nav ccc kit from ebay for about ?500-1000, intructions are on this site for fitting.
Both bluetooth and nav will need programing once installed, can take upto 7 hours to do, most service centers charge a max of 2 and half hours labour for programing.

Thanks. I have a TCU on the way now. Can i fit it myself or do i need any special leads? Once fitted, i just pop over to BMW? I dont need any other parts?

Is the Voice control in the TCU or is that separate altogether?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotf' post='1002853' date='Sep 9 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I have a TCU on the way now. Can i fit it myself or do i need any special leads? Once fitted, i just pop over to BMW? I dont need any other parts?

Is the Voice control in the TCU or is that separate altogether?

Thanks
Anyone?

Similarly if i had a tv tuner. Do i install and get BMW to reprogram or will it need more parts?

Thanks again
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
Members

Hey scot,

Voice control needs to be program in the CCC. Its not part of the TCU. Like in my case, I don't have TCU but the voice control is working fine.

Also in the case of the tv tuner, usually there are aftermarket multimedia kit (non-BMW) to plug into the Idrive. However that usually requires AUX input. Take a look at the item below. It can provide a lot more functions. And no it doesn't require any programing from BMW to work..

Enjoy!!!
vegadonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM