Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > Information > DIY: Do It Yourself
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
Members

Hello,

is there anyway to fix the poblem we are facing in the BMW e60 525i 2004

the problem is the CCC (Professional) picture attached which we bought is not compatable with our car because our car is a japanes version and the new one we bought is for a UAE version cars although its working,the daignostic computer at the Dealerwhich is called SSS is asking to replace it with a japanese part number CCC Unit.and unless we dont replace it or solve this problem by some way it wont reprogram all the other modules in the car.

For your information: The GT1 daignosis the car faults and must be program/coded by the SSS (sofware service center) if we replace any part.

how to make the SSS at the Dealer to adopt the CCC (which we bought) by tricking it to accept it? or bypassing it because in its final report it is say's that it can reprogram all the other modules in the car but only after replacing the CCC.
please help me with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ccc.jpg (12.9 KB, 6 views)
e60hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60hamza' post='453956' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:43 AM
Hello,

is there anyway to fix the poblem we are facing in the BMW e60 525i 2004

the problem is the CCC (Professional) picture attached which we bought is not compatable with our car because our car is a japanes version and the new one we bought is for a UAE version cars although its working,the daignostic computer at the Dealerwhich is called SSS is asking to replace it with a japanese part number CCC Unit.and unless we dont replace it or solve this problem by some way it wont reprogram all the other modules in the car.

For your information: The GT1 daignosis the car faults and must be program/coded by the SSS (sofware service center) if we replace any part.

how to make the SSS at the Dealer to adopt the CCC (which we bought) by tricking it to accept it? or bypassing it because in its final report it is say's that it can reprogram all the other modules in the car but only after replacing the CCC.
please help me with this.
place your old ccc or mask then upgrade yr CIP then place yr new ccc
Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
Contributors

It is SSS fault. All dealers here are complaining about how much stupid this programmer is. Sometimes they can't programm the car even with an SSS suggested part#.

Today I went to the dealer to have my TV tuner enabled. I have two 8.8" CID monitors, so I took the spare one with me, just in case...

With my current monitor installed, SSS asked to replace it with another part# monitor in order to continue programming. All other devices like CCC, bluetooth, etc. were green, what means that they are compatible to the car.
The only red colored device, what means, it has to be replaced, was the CID (I-Drive display)

So, we swapped the display with my spare one and started programming.

The SSS stopped again programming, asking to replace (red colored parts) CCC and ULF (bluetooth module) with another part# ones, the CID was yellow colored what means it just needs coding, but the system didn't continue because we had to replace CCC and ULF module.

So SSS with CIP version 26.00, decided that we must replace the CCC and BT that was programmed without problems with CIP 25.01, because we replaced the I-Drive display.

Conclusion: no TV on Vacation

Are those things crasy, or not???
Is the SSS system stupid or not???

Dealer told me that they have many serious/costly problems with it and that soon BMW will replace SSS with a totally different system that it will allow them, to do what they exactly want.

Heavily Modified 530i M54 Manual - Msport Individual (former 520i)

Sapphire Black on Black ...on Black

Black Dakota Leather Interior (with Minor Silverstone Leather Decoration Details) ? Comfort Seats with Heating ? Heated Sport Steering Wheel ? Steering Column with Memory ? Air Bags all Around ? Rear Window Sun Shades ? Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag ? Sliding Armrest ? Electric Rear Curtain ? Extended Lighting Package ? Smoking Package ? Cup Holders ? Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights ? PDC ? Navigation System Professional ? Voice Input ? L7 with SWS-8 Subs ? HUD ? Hybrid/Digital TV Tuner ? Rear Compartment 8" Hi-res Monitor with Headphones ? ACM/USB HDD input with A/V player/Pic viewer ? DVD/PS/Xbox/PC Input ? Rear View Cam ? Bluetooth Wireless Connection ? Nokia 6300 Cradle ? M5 Folding Wing Mirrors with All available Options ? LCI Lighting Upgrade ? M5 Instrument Cluster ? Leather Illuminated M Shift Knob ? Short Shifter ? K&N Free Flow Air Filter ? Supersprint Exhaust with 2X80mm Tips ? Complete M5 Braking System ? Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs ? M5 Stabilizers ? 3.15 Quaife LSD Diff ? Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics 245/35 F - 275/30 R ? M 167 BMW Original 19" Wheels ...and some more little mods

Individual Goodies: Alcantara Anthracite Headliner/Pillar Covers/Sun Visors ? Alcantara Anthracite Parcel Shelf ? Full Leather Stitched Dashboard ? Full Leather Stitched Center Console ? Custom Piano Black Interior Trims

To Do List:
CSL Style Carbon Trunk Lid
ESS TS2+ @ 380PS
nicke60gre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #4
Members

is there anyway if i could switch the micro chip from the old CCC to New one to fool the SSS and make it program/code it?
e60hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Members

Send a message via MSN to AlexFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='454098' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:56 PM
Conclusion: no TV on Vacation

Remapped, Mtech, M5 mirrors, 166 19" rims, M5 front brakes, M5 front bumper with stock fenders, M5 rear bumper with custom catback quad exhaust and rear grill, Quaife Limited Slip Differential (0-75%), replaced the 2.93 final drive ratio with 3.15 (-7%), M5 instrument cluster, custom leather armrest, Dension Gateway 500

R53 Mini Cooper S (dark silver)
- 17% Alta v2 pulley
- headers, 200 cells kat, exhaust
- R56 big brake kit, brembo 4 pot 322mm grooved and drilled, 280 mm at the rear
- 8 Kg matte black OZ Ultraleggera wheels
- GRS intercooler
- oil cooler added

Do you need any oem MINI part, especially JCW, carbon fiber accessories, ipod, steerings, alloy wheels, brakes?
PM me, you'll be impressed!

For sale:

- 1 OEM rear M5 wheel - new in the box (not to USA, too cheap as new there)

AlexFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60hamza' post='454382' date='Aug 2 2007, 03:32 PM
is there anyway if i could switch the micro chip from the old CCC to New one to fool the SSS and make it program/code it?

If you have the knowledge and tools, then DO IT!! and keep us posted

Heavily Modified 530i M54 Manual - Msport Individual (former 520i)

Sapphire Black on Black ...on Black

Black Dakota Leather Interior (with Minor Silverstone Leather Decoration Details) ? Comfort Seats with Heating ? Heated Sport Steering Wheel ? Steering Column with Memory ? Air Bags all Around ? Rear Window Sun Shades ? Folding Rear Seats with Ski Bag ? Sliding Armrest ? Electric Rear Curtain ? Extended Lighting Package ? Smoking Package ? Cup Holders ? Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights ? PDC ? Navigation System Professional ? Voice Input ? L7 with SWS-8 Subs ? HUD ? Hybrid/Digital TV Tuner ? Rear Compartment 8" Hi-res Monitor with Headphones ? ACM/USB HDD input with A/V player/Pic viewer ? DVD/PS/Xbox/PC Input ? Rear View Cam ? Bluetooth Wireless Connection ? Nokia 6300 Cradle ? M5 Folding Wing Mirrors with All available Options ? LCI Lighting Upgrade ? M5 Instrument Cluster ? Leather Illuminated M Shift Knob ? Short Shifter ? K&N Free Flow Air Filter ? Supersprint Exhaust with 2X80mm Tips ? Complete M5 Braking System ? Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs ? M5 Stabilizers ? 3.15 Quaife LSD Diff ? Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics 245/35 F - 275/30 R ? M 167 BMW Original 19" Wheels ...and some more little mods

Individual Goodies: Alcantara Anthracite Headliner/Pillar Covers/Sun Visors ? Alcantara Anthracite Parcel Shelf ? Full Leather Stitched Dashboard ? Full Leather Stitched Center Console ? Custom Piano Black Interior Trims

To Do List:
CSL Style Carbon Trunk Lid
ESS TS2+ @ 380PS
nicke60gre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM